Sunday, July 5, 2009

No. 43


Beer: Geary's London Porter

Date: July 4th, 2009

Place: The backyard, Somerville, MA

I was embracing the thought of my country and living in the land of the free and thinking about how we, WE, are the ones who built this country (I really mean them, THEM, those Massachusettians, those Puritans, those ruffians), and it was sunny for the first time in a month.

Coincidentally, it was also the first beer I've had in over three weeks. Which might lead one to believe that I'm only in the business of consuming beers when the weather is favorable. Correction, fine sir. If that were the case, with our bitterly cold winter and plentiful rained late spring, then I'd have only had about five or so beers.

I wanted to stick it to the Brits and the rain by sitting in the yard and drinking a London porter from an American brewer - it was like an American revolution, 233 years after the fact, three miles from the heart of the discontent.

No comments:

Post a Comment